Critical Care/ICU/PICU/NICU opening in Palm Springs, California.
The Clinical Educator (Professional Development Practitioner) is an experienced professional nurse who utilizes evidence-based practice for the achievement of organizational goals related to nursing education and professional development. The Clinical Educator serves in the following roles to guide the learner to desired organizational outcomes: learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, a champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for the nursing professional development specialty, and partner for practice transitions for nursing staff. The Clinical Educator possesses in-depth scientific knowledge, technical expertise, skill, and competence.
Reports to Department Director and/or Manager
- Master s Degree in Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Current, unencumbered licensure to practice in the State of California
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a NICU educator
- Certified Lactation Consultant
- Exceptional relationship management skills and professional demeanor. Exemplifies elevated nursing practice, higher education, and professional growth and development.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and the ability to apply them in course instruction
- Understanding of change management principles. Ability to be a change agent by being a champion for change and participating in change processes
- Proven ability in critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, analytical/qualitative analysis, time management and priority setting
- Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet education needs of all nursing staff (day, night, weekend shifts)
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- Maintains current knowledge regarding education and regulatory requirements
- BLS/NRP provider status current at all times