Internal Medicine opening in San Bernardino, California. Position Overview
The Medical Director of InnovAge Greater California PACE (Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) is responsible for leading, planning, directing, monitoring, and improving the overall performance for assigned clinics to achieve excellence in the delivery of daily operations. The Medical Director engages staff and cultivate a positive clinic culture that prioritizes human kindness and patient-centric care. They are accountable for operational, clinical, quality, and business development activities throughout the medical clinic. Requirements Education/Experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree from U.S. medical school
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited healthcare institution
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field and 3 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of community clinic/health center operations
- Current active California medical license
- Current active DEA license
- Malpractice coverage
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
- Board Certification from California
Accommodations can be provided for individuals with disabilities.
The Primary Care Physician will spend approximately 40% of their time in managerial duties and 60% of their time in providing medical care. 40% Managerial Duties:
60% Clinical Duties:
- Oversees the development of assigned clinic and regularly manages improvement projects. Accountable for operational, financial, and business development activities.
- Develops, analyzes, and implements processes and systems to enhance customer service across assigned clinic(s). Takes ownership of and drives needed improvement in all aspects of operations, including clinic productivity, patient satisfaction/experience, provider satisfaction/experience, community efforts and serves as the local representative for the area.
- Plans, coordinates, and effectively leads assigned clinic to meet patient care, administrative, operational, and support requirements.
- Utilizes administrative time to provide chart and utilization review on patient cases to ensure quality care is provided in compliance to protocol established by PACE.
- Provides medical care to PACE participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions. Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Examination of medical history
- Performance of physical examinations
- Authorization and interpretation of diagnostic tests
- Assessment of conditions and treatment plans
- Prescribing reconciliation of medications
- Documentation of medical records
- Coordinates after-hours telephonic medical coverage rotation as needed.
- Participates within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for PACE participants.
- Presents input into, initiates and/or facilities new medical programs and processes in support of PACE s strategic goals.
- Participates in the recruitment efforts of new employees, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Interviewing, hiring, and/or training
- Recognizing and rewarding employees
- Ensuring the timeliness and efficiency of annual employee performance reviews
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary Technical Skills
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new applications.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable conclusions and compile accurate report.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Mission, Vision, and Values
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
Care Partners Medical Group is a partner with PACE to redefine senior care. Each participant works with a team of medical experts to develop a care plan that is personalized and regularly updated to meet their evolving medical and social needs. Senior care is not one size fits all, which is why each participant has a customized PACE experience to meet their individual needs. Accountability
- Adherence to Company Policy Follows and enforces policies, guidelines, and expectations as established by job and company. Actively practices respect, integrity, and business in an ethical fashion.
- Safety Maintains a safe workplace by following and enforcing safety policies. Reports all unsafe work conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager.
- Autonomy Completes responsibilities with minimal direct supervision, follows through with assigned tasks all the way through completion, and puts forth the effort to achieve goals and objectives under varying circumstances.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates a customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Industry Knowledge Demonstrates a thorough understanding of job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources (including staff and management) to proactively obtain additional knowledge.
- Communication Keeps others informed as directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self-informed of announcement made via established company venues. Follows instructions positively and collaborates harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.
- Commitment to Company Goals & Objectives Supports the organization s mission, vision, and values. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and improve quality, including taking initiative to offer ideas to improve processes or results.
- Initiative Continually supports rapidly growing organization by implementing new ideas and solutions. Passionate about the opportunity to contribute to a state of the art, advancing medical perspective.
- Development Establishes and fosters professional relationships with co-workers, participants, clients, and vendors. Values the individual connections and collective efforts in creating a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative space to set the foundations for future progress.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision 100% covered beginning 60 days after the first month of hire
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Worker s Compensation Coverage
- Medical Professional Liability
- Retirement Plan
- Annual Continuing Medical Education Expense: $2,500
- Other expenses: fees required for state license, DEA registration, and professional membership dues (one organization)
- Paid Time Off: 15 days (120 hours); Sick Time Off: 5 days (40 hours)
- Holidays: Salary includes pay for 8 nationally observed holidays