A 500+ bed acute care hospital in San Diego County is seeking a Nurse Manager Radiation Oncology. The Radiation Oncology Clinical Nursing Manager will play a key role in the ongoing success of this friendly and compassionate group of providers and healthcare professionals. The Radiation Oncology RN Manager will report to the Director of Outpatient Oncology Services. The Rad Onc Nurse Manager will be part of department management and provide recommendations to the Medical and Administrative Directors regarding strategic market growth.
Additional job responsibilities for the Clinical Nurse Manager Radiation Oncology include overseeing financial, clinical quality, staffing and patient experience performance improvement measures. Keeping up to date with the latest evidence-based practices, cancer services technologies and clinical pathways will ensure the Nurse Manager leads this innovative department forward to many years to come. The Cancer Services Nurse Manager works collaboratively with other outpatient clinical leaders and inpatient hospital nursing staff. The Radiation Oncology Nurse Manager will oversee the relationships and contracts with hospital vendors.
Advanced Radiation Oncology Treatment options include:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Three-Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3-D CRT)
- Superficial Radiation Treatment: Skin Surface Treatment
- HDR Brachytherapy: High Dose Rate intracavitary Radiation Therapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- RapidArc: Volumetric Modulated Arc Radiation Therapy
Located in beautiful southern California, this hospital and the surrounding areas are a vacation spot for most. The Nurse Manager working with this advanced cancer services team will enjoy living in an area known for its year-round weather. This ideal location is minutes from the Pacific Ocean and various restaurants and entertainment options.