Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA
**Up to 25K in bonus incentives (sign on and relocation) for qualified candidates*
At Community Medical Centers, our pediatric specialists are here to ensure the best possible care for our smallest patients. As a part of our Pediatrics and Pediatric ICU (PICU) team, you will help more than 9,000 families grow and flourish each year. Share your passion at a Level 1 Trauma Center
affiliated with multiple Pediatric Subspecialty Clinics and designated by the California Children's Services (CCS) Program for both Inpatient Pediatrics and PICU.
Bonds that last a lifetime begin at Community - for new families and for our teams. If you want to be a part of an organization that operates like a family, challenges each other to constantly improve and grow together, you will fit in with our pediatrics teams.
We know that life goes on while you're on the job, so we're here to support you with competitive pay, excellent benefits, and unique perks like concierge services, and free membership to our fitness center with free personal training. We are dedicated to cultivating your career too, and offer tuition and certification reimbursement programs, along with on-the-job training and professional growth.
Responsibilities: The role of the Clinical Sup Nursing is to assist the Unit Manager in the planning, organizing and directing of patient care services. This position supervises the team(s) providing direct care for patients. Management and leadership skills needed include conflict management, negotiation, team building, communication, budget administration and coaching/mentoring others. Directs patient assignments, staff scheduling, patient flow, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively assisting in managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. Participates, as necessary, in team meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees.
1. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit/department goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and standards of care which contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
2. Assists the unit manager in implementing and evaluating Performance improvement/risk management/safety programs, keeps unit survey ready and up-to-date on regulatory standards.
3. Ensures continuity of quality patient care by planning staff assignments, through evaluation of census, patient satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and compliance with fiscal budget. Reports any variances to the unit manager.
4. Acts as a liaison for Staff/Patients/Families/Physicians. Addresses any staffing and patient flow/work issues including; appropriate bed placement, evaluating outcomes, providing feedback, and developing improvement strategies.
5. Evaluates staff development needs and provide ongoing educational opportunities for professional development. Acts as a mentor/point of contact for staff members. Stays current with the latest clinical/technological advances and share knowledge with staff as appropriate.
6. Assists the unit manager with administrative and HR duties such as monitoring time and attendance, participating in interviews and hiring process, assisting with performance appraisal process, attending/leading meetings, and completing/following up on occurrence and injury reports.
7. Provides coverage as a staff RN, including "at all times" break coverage as needed.
8. Works collaboratively with case managers to ensure they have access to information needed to develop and deliver a case management plan.
9. Ensures compliance with Patient Ratio and Patient Classification regulations by providing accurate information to Staffing Office for ONE-Staff Scheduling System including acuity sheet completion and completion of variance reports as necessary.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Experience and education minimum requirements
Licenses and certifications
- Graduate of approved nursing program required.
- 1+ years of PICU experience required.
- RN, current State of California Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS, current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required.
Contact Recruiter Jonya Spain today at JSpain@ or text me at 559-753-4128