Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial statements, month-end close, reconciliations, and other accounting duties. This position requires exceptional analytical skill, detail orientation and experience with GL accounting using a major ERP system.
Who We Are:
We're a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we're obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you'll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Compile and analyze financial information from various sources to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Manage fixed asset and intangible asset ledgers and prepare monthly entries, rollforward and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain various complex schedules used for monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Investigate unusual transactions and/or fluctuations and determine appropriate accounting treatment for income statement and balance sheet assignments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and perform variance analysis for multiple entities
- Create daily flash reporting of cash metrics used by upper management for decision making purposes
- Support fiscal year end audit and other ad hoc projects as needed
- Provide general accounting support and make recommendations, based on experience, to solve accounting issues
- Maintain an internally focused client centered mentality and passion for customer service
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required for this position
- 5+ years of experience with GL accounting
- CPA license preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience with major ERP systems (Oracle Fusion Cloud highly preferred)
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to make analytically sound, independent judgments within department/company guidelines.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills including pivot tables and V-lookups
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all internal and external contacts from various disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Oriented towards efficiency through the reduction of manual processes
- Strive for continuous improvement and career advancement
- Self-motivated to achieve goals
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon - plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO - we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy.